The materials contained on or accessible through this website (including, without limitation, digital images, videos, products and services offered by Optel) shall not be used, redistributed, broadcast, published, copied to any other media, or reproduced for any purpose other than for personal, educational, and non-commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Optel. These materials must not be altered, distorted, or used in any way that is detrimental to Optel’s image or reputation.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by Optel will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
Customers records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Customers have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Customers Records we keep, on the provison that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Where appropriate, we shall issue Customer’s with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this website is provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Optel:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or Optel literature; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised Optel of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
Optel does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
1.1 Optel Group a company (with registered number 1170998646), whose registered office is at 2680 boulevard du Parc Technologique, Québec, QC CANADA G1P 4S6 (“Optel” or “we” or “us”) is strongly committed to privacy issues, and this privacy statement details our approach on such issues. By using these websites (www.optelgroup.com; www.geotraceability.com; www.verifybrand.com) (“Site”) and submitting any personal data, you agree to the use by us of such data in accordance with this privacy statement. If you have questions on privacy issues, please email us at email@example.com
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data processor is Optel Group and data controller is GeoTraceability Limited part of Optel Group and VerifyBrand part of Optel Group.
2 DATA COLLECTION
2.1 If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
2.2 We may also keep:
2.2.1 details of transactions you carry out through the Site;
2.2.2 details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs;
2.2.3 other communication data; and
2.2.4 information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type.
· To send you marketing communications, including via email and SMS in compliance with applicable laws, that we believe may be of interest to you.
· To personalize your experience on the Sites by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
· To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
2.3 Other than collection of the data specified in clause 2.2 above, we only collect identifiable personal data or information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by a visitor to the Site. We receive limited identifiable information, such as name, title, company address, email address, and telephone and fax numbers, from Site visitors.
3 USE OF DATA
3.1 Typically, identifying information is collected to:
3.3.1 register for certain areas of the Site;
3.3.2 enquire for further information; and
3.3.3 distribute requested materials.
3.2 In many instances, when you provide personal data to us, we will use it for the purposes as stated at the point of collection (or as is obvious from the context of collection).
3.3 We also use information held about you in the following ways:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (see the “Marketing” section below as well);
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
4. INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS.
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
• give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
• receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
5.1 We may use your data to contact you with information about our business, services and events, and other information which may be of interest to you. It is in our legitimate business interests to provide you with these communications which we have determined are relevant to your interests. However, if you prefer not to receive these communications you may unsubscribe at any time (see clause 5.3 below).
3.2 If you have given permission, we may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by [specify, eg mail, telephone, sms, text/picture/video message, fax, email, other] about their [products, services, promotions, special offers, charitable causes] that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct communications of this nature from us or our business partners, you can opt out at any time. See clause 5.3 below and the “Your rights” section below.
5.3 Should you subsequently choose to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations, we will provide instructions, on the appropriate webpage or in communications to you , or you may contact us. See “Your Rights” and “How to Contact Us” sections below.
6. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
6.1 Personal data which has been collected by, or submitted to, us may be disclosed to other members of the Optel Group.
6.2 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
6.2.1 in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
6.2.2 if our business or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
6.2.3 if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Agreement. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7.1 We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable data and information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. In particular, we ensure that all appropriate confidentiality obligations and technical and organisational security measures are in place to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or processing of such information and data and the accidental loss or destruction of or damage to such information and data. Only authorised personnel are provided access to personally identifiable information and these employees have agreed to ensure confidentiality of this information. Our policy is to use secure socket layer technology for the protection of credit card information submitted through web forms.
7.2 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
7.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8 DATA RETENTION
8.1 The personal data you submit to us will only be retained for as long as is required for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
8.2 For example, contact information about visitors (such as information generated though registration for access to areas on the Site) will be kept as long as the information is required to completely service the contact request or until a user requests that we delete that information. Mailing list information, discussion posts and email are kept for only the period of time considered reasonable to facilitate the visitor’s requests.
8.3 We use the following criteria to determine for how long we need to keep your data:
· Whether the purpose has been fulfilled, e.g. your agreement with us for provision of services has terminated
· To comply with company record keeping obligations
· To represent our interactions with you in the event that a complaint is made against us
8.4 Where we determine that your data needs to be kept for longer it will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted to only those personnel that need to know it, for example, in order to deal with a complaint or follow up on further enforcement proceedings.
9 WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
10. YOUR RIGHTS
10.1 Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing. Even if you have accepted the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes (by ticking the relevant box), you have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for such purposes. Let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone).
10.2 Right to request a copy of your information. You can request a copy of your information which you have submitted to us through the Site and which we hold about you (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please contact us and let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them. Any subject access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to cover the cost of providing you with details of the information we hold about you. See the “How to Contact Us” section below to get out contact details.
10.3 Right to correct any mistakes in your information. When personally identifiable information is retained, we do not assume responsibility for verifying the ongoing accuracy of the content of personal information. When practically possible, if we are informed that any personal data collected through the Site is no longer accurate, we will make appropriate corrections based on the updated information provided by you. You can update personal data you have submitted through the Site via the original registration page or you can ask us to correct any mistakes in your information. If you would like to do this, please contact us (see the “How to Contact Us” section below) and let us know the information that is incorrect and the information you want it replaced with.
10.4 Right to request we cease processing your information. You may request that we cease processing your personal data. If you make such a request, we shall retain only the amount of personal data pertaining you that is necessary to ensure that no further processing of your personal data takes place.
10.5 Right to request deletion of your information. You can ask us to erase all your personal data (also known as the “right to be forgotten”) in the following circumstances:
– it is no longer necessary for us to hold that Personal Data with respect to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed;
– you wish to withdraw your consent to us holding and processing your personal data;
– you object to us holding and processing your personal data (and there is no overriding legitimate interest to allow us to continue doing so);
– the personal data has been processed unlawfully; or
– the personal data needs to be erased in order for us to comply with a particular legal obligation.
Unless we have reasonable grounds to refuse to erase your personal data, all requests for erasure shall be complied with.
11. IF YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL FROM WHOM OUR CLIENTS HAVE COLLETED DATA THIS SECTION APPLIES TO YOU
[insert section here about data that Clients collect and that is processed on Web Platform][FD3]
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
How Can I Access, Correct, Amend or Remove Information About Me?
If you would like to access, correct, amend, remove or limit the use or disclosure of any Personal Information about you that has been collected and stored by Optel, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may consider and respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request within 45 days.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such access, change or deletion.
If you have any complaints about the way in which we collect, store and use your information, and these have not been addressed by contacting us first, you can contact the supervisory authority in the United Kingdom, the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
We may change this privacy from time to time and the changes will take effect from the date we post the amended policy on the Site. If you do not agree with the changes you should not continue to use the Site.
15. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites and their content. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.